CA Core Retail Sales is scheduled along with the CPI release, therefore I’d stay out of the market until both releases have been released and wait for initial confusion to be over then take a trade. Of course, this is based on one of the releases hitting our deviation and the fact that there is no conflict.
8:30am CA Core Retail Sales Forecast 0.5% Previous 1.1%
The Trade Plan
Let´s trade this release using my after-news retracement method. The idea is to wait for the release, then for market to spike first, and then wait for a decent retracement before getting in. For more details on my trading method: http://www.currencynewstrading.com/how-to-get-started-with-news-trading/
I’d recommend to use the Recommended Pairs from above as they are based on my CSM, which should provide the best combination of currency pairs to trade based on better/worse news… of course, you can also trade the default pair: USDCAD.
CA Core Retail Sales | January 20, 2017 | Currency Trading
January 16, 2017 by Leave a Comment