News Trading Startup Guide

What You’ll Need:

Newsletter

Zero spam.

Forex News Trading Triggersheet – This is where you’ll get the list of the news releases that I trade and the deviations I use to trade them. It is the key to short-term Forex News trading and frankly it took me years of painstakingly data gathering to compile this list.

You can download this Triggersheet right here…

Signup For My Newsletter & Read My News Analysis –

There are literally hundreds of news releases scheduled monthly, but we only trade 40 or so releases based on their track records… It’s a gigantic waste of time trying to trade ALL of them, and worse yet it could turn into a gigantic waste of money because market reactions to some of these un-tradable releases are just unpredictable! Therefore, I recommend to signup for my newsletter at the end of this article and read my news analysis BEFORE you get into any news trades.

Here’s a complete explanation on how to read my Daily Analysis.

Currency Strength Meter – This is a standalone software that displays an at-a-glance view of what’s going on in the market instantly. It is equivalent of analyzing 34 different currency pairs instantly, giving you a complete picture of the market. It is also an amazing tool for News Trading because it could help you to choose the best pair to trade at news time.

Also don’t forget, the new CSM version 3.0 comes with a news broadcasting feature, so if you don’t have a newswire service to get the actual release figure at the right time, you can now get the release directly from CSM!

Download CSM Here
and make sure to watch the "7-best uses video" for more information on this amazing Forex Software – Currency Strength Meter.

The Basics:

3rd Party Advertisement
  • Forex Trading Account (Live or Demo): It goes without saying, you need a Forex account in order to trade Forex. If you don’t have a live account, you can start with a demo account first without risking any real money. Since trading platforms and how to open a Forex demo accounts are beyond the scope of this quick guide, I’d recommend you to visit
    the Forex Education
    section for more information on Forex Beginner Tutorials…
  • Schedule Your Calendar: News releases are scheduled weeks ahead of time, therefore you should be aware of their schedules. Usually the busiest week is the first week of the month packed with Interest Rate Decisions and the famous U.S. Nonfarm Payroll Report. So planning ahead is always recommended, and you can get all Upcoming Tradable News releases of the week from this site.
  • Read News Analysis: You should make it a routine to read my news analysis at least 15 minutes before the scheduled release and prepare to trade the news. I usually publish these analyses 24 hours before the schedules, and you can access them by clicking on the link on the Upcoming Tradable News list, or you can access them directly through the Currency Strength Meter 3.0
  • Get Ready To Rumble! It’s the news release time, you’re filled with adrenaline! Remember, follow the trading method recommended in the analysis and trade ONLY when the deviation is hit. I recommend to stay out of the market unless you know what you are doing.
  • Rise And Repeat: That’s right, since news releases are scheduled monthly and quarterly, they will repeat month after month, year after year. If you follow the basics, you’ll do just fine.

The Methods:

There are three methods to news trading, the Pre-News, The Spike Trade, and The Retracement Trade.

The Spike Trade:

• We wait for the news release to come out. Based on the release number we enter the market immediately either with a Long or a Short position.
  • We try to catch the initial spike move, or part of the move.
  • We will put our Stop/Loss 15 pips from the pre-release price and our Take/Profit at the maximum expected range based on the report and its historical data.
  • This type of trading requires that you react fast enough to the release and use a broker that gives you good fill during news releases.

• Watch Live Recorded Videos Of Spike Trading In Action

The Retracement Trade:

• We wait for the news release to come out. Based on the release number we will determine “where” to get into the market.
  • Usually we will wait for the market to come back within 10 to 15 pips of the pre-release. Depending on the actual deviation.
  • We will put our Stop/Loss 15 pips from the entry price.
  • We will take profit at least 25% of the position when we get 10~20 pips of profit, and at least 50% of the position when we retest the top or the spike.
  • This type of trade is safer than trading the spike, but sometimes we might not get a retracement at all or big enough and miss the trade altogether.

• Watch Live Recorded Videos Of Retracement Trade In Action

The Pre-News Trade:

• We enter the market 5 minutes before the news release. •We base our entry on market sentiment and fundamental trend of the currency pair.
  • We will always trade the direction of the Technical Trend.
  • If the news release goes our way, we can make the entire move. If the news release goes against us, we might have to endure the initial drawdown, but usually after the impact is over, technical trend will resume its course and give us an exit to break even or 10~15 pips of loss.
  • This type of news trade is highly advanced, require that you understand the market trend and market sentiment. It is NOT recommend for ALL news events. Only selected few.

• Watch Live Recorded Videos Of Pre-News Trading In Action

Thanks,

About Henry Liu

My name is Henry Liu and I am a Forex Trader and Mentor. I help traders achieve consistent income trading Forex while spending less time trading. My focus in trading is a combination of Fundamental Analysis, Technical Analysis, and Market Sentiment. Far too many retail Forex traders concentrate on just one aspect of trading, technical analysis, and ignore everything else; it is my goal (and vision) to educate every trader on how to take advantage of news trading and become more balanced traders.

You can find more information about me on my Google Profile.

Comments

1. Hi
    I tried several time to register , to get a username and password to use your news EA , but nothing on your site says where to register with user and pass, all I could do is to register my e mail , and confirmed it to receive your e mails only.
    Can you tell me where to register,
    Please do not give only link, that says : register, as it gives nothing at all, despite several tries from different locations.

2. Hussain says:

Ok hello to Henry and the team,

When I attach the EA to a chart for the first time today is Saturday 14 May 2016 it gives me this error upon pressing ok and loading some files:

Licensing server seems to be not available.

Please can you help me make the EA operational.

Tha nk you

3. I would like to say a humble thank you and your team for your contribution to me-us with your mission here.
    Nobody seems to give you feedback recently… and I thought since I have been using the EA for a year now on and off it was my duty, as the least gesture of gratitude. I see from my records here that I gathered 68 pips within a year, nothing to rave about for a years effort, but I am certain it is a matter of slippage and broker lags.
    What I would like to see re freshened is examples of recent news tackling (should you wish to share with us publicly).
    Best regards
    Chris

4. jack chan says:

anyone knows where to find the EA system

5. Brett and Zach Adams says:

Is the Triggersheet still valid? Do you have plans to update it? In particular, the Movement Range seems like it would need to be updated periodically. Thanks in advance.

6. Upendran says:

Hi Henry,

As im watch your CNT website since 2012. you are doing very great job and helping poor people like us.
    Thanks in advance for your excellent job.

I want to create an account to trade, please suggest me, which broker is best to trade fundamental news.

i’m going to subscribe your FNTA soon.

Thanks again.

7. chuksoraka says:

Hello Henry,
    I noticed that before I could get actual release, the market has moved a reasonable pips,
    So how can one trade spike successful?

• chuksoraka, we recommend to use the CNT EA to trade the news, specially for spike trading. This is one of the main reasons, you need an EA in order to place the orders fast enough immediately after the news release.

• Grailemeks says:

Kelvin Ching,
        I appreciate both your contribution and Mr Henry Liu effort to see that we, the younger traders, can make something out of trading. For me, I have loss a lot in trading forex, but I come across this magnificent blog, I have immensely recommended it to my friends that are still struggling to come to the light of trading
        However sir, I tried to install the CNT EA software, but I still have an issue with my installation and I don’t understand why.
        Could you kindly help me out on how to go about it

8. Henry, I am not receiving my e-mail news reports. I had them for a while, and now they are gone.

9. alebiosu adeyemi tonye says:

Hi Henry, I am happy to come in contact with your online forex services which I have benefited from in terms of knowledge and application. However I will like to know a few things more. Is the CSR still available and profitable for retirement plan trade? Do you have a software(EA) that can trade the news as you are analyzing physically?. What happens to your subscribers when you retire from trading(teaser though haha!)?

• CSR is undergoing a major rework and it is not available at the moment.
      However, I am working on a version of EA for news trading and it should be ready for beta testing in June. As far as when I retire, well I guess I would have trained someone to carry the torch.

10. Bambang widodo says:

I had pleasure to find your website, thank for your information about your analysis about news trading

11. hi Henry
    thanks for all that u have been doing I got to no about u through a friend but I have no regret i have never considered any software but since i came to ur site i have come to no and seeing so many but i would not buy any that u did not produced pls tell me the one from u so that i can buy them

12. good day henry, please from your years of experience as a news trader, which broker will you recomend for news trading. i’ll appreciate your response

13. Eddie Diaz says:

Hi Henry:

Can you send to me some information to my personal email, about the cost and price of your services, I Am very interesting in trade the news with you.

ED

14. you are the best i can see
    HENRY LIU
    continue to empower us with your experts knowledge, God will bless you
    one love

15. Dear Henry,
    God bless you greatly for the education you are giving us very freely, thank you very much.
    Please, how else can me and many other traders from Nigeria, especially, get all the forex alerts very well on time of release and not late on? Most of the trading alerts that are coming to us came when they have past their sweet.
    Your CSM is very good and if well following will enhances ones trading potentials greatly, hence my thanking you earlier on.
    Thank you for everything you are doing for us, many regards to you.

• Seth: Good question, but I think unless you are willing to spend at lot of money, there is no solution. TTN (Tradethenews) is good enough to trady, but it is not enough to trade the spike, and with spike trading, you usually get random results… However, I am working on a new software that will help you trade the news… once it is ready, I will make it available to my customers…

16. Dear liu,
    Thanks, for your news letters directions it has helped me, We in Nigeria need more of your help towards forex trading
    keep on changing our lives for good in forex like the NFP worked out as you explained them.

17. haridass says:

in recent period why you are not mentioning your profit in pips per month in news alert emails?

18. tope oladipo says:

pls how do i jpin the traDE ROOM from nigeria thanks

19. Thanks, Henry. I downloaded the meter successfully. I will practice it and believe it will be of great usage to me. Once again, thanks for sharing this.
    Regards,

20. victor fernando says:

Dear mr. Liu

Thanks YOU very much for sharing your knowledge with us for free, i been trying to trade a year ago and until i find this
    system and another one just two months ago, i had never be so succesfull, but today i try to trade the NZD Unemployment rate, the desviation
    in your chart is in K and the release was in % at fxstreet site, and at the moment of the news there was a spike that i tried to take but it get
    back quikly and never get touched again, I think the desviation was to few and that the emplyment change went agaisnt me, i know it wasn´t
    scheddueled in your newsletter but anyway i tried it and i did lose about 40 pips anyway i started the month with $100 and today i got $480
    i was $560 before that lose; still in profit and assume the lesson learned, but i wonder if is it possible to trade news using BUY STOP and
    SELL LIMIT so you wont miss the spike, i was thinking it could be very well done using a TP and ST already set and also a TRAILING STOP
    to get as much as you can, would you recomend that? what do you think about it.???

• You can certainly try to trade using a straddle system, but the results will depend on the broker and you may risk having your account closed because brokers do not like these kinds of trades.

• victor fernando says:

thanks for the answer and the tip, i haven´t read anything about that before,I thought that they didin´t like scalpers, I´ll try to keep on your advice then, but it
        is harder to press buy or sell un two accounts. perhaps i ´ll try on one and let you know after a month, also wanted to ask if you may have another triggersheet like i see one event in tuesday that appears in the the triggersheet but not in the last week forex analysis (NZD retail sales). thanks in advance.

• There is a reason why I skip some news releases, and it is because of the lack of consistency with these events. In other words, they are not worth the time to trade.

21. John Marston says:

Hi, I followed your link advising use “after news trading method” for UK PMI, but there is no “after” news trading method on the sheet?

22. ”I do incorporate some technicals in my trading strategy. Technicals are considered self-fulfilling prophecies,they are more accurate when more people use them”

Please how can I get to know some of your technicals?

23. Thanks for the good work. I am just a demo trader but i av been able to gain a lot from your analysis about news trading.

What i want to ask is if you also have some analysis on technical trading because i sometime discover some good move even when there are no news in d currency pairs.

• I do incorporate some technicals in my trading strategy. Technicals are considered self-fulfilling prophecies,they are more accurate when more people use them.

24. “As you can see, the bulk of our trades in the traderoom are from the daily recommendations”
    — Are these like trade signals? Coz I thought the program was to help develop traders so that we no longer need to rely blindly on trade signals? Are these also taught in the program? Are they based on technical/fundamental analysis and honestly, can a beginner come up to speed on this too? I am more interested in learning how to trade independently, rather than rely on signals purely. Also, would be great to know if these trade recommendations have stop losses in place, and if they really as accurate as posted on the website (Ive seen a great many sites which post thousands of pips profits but cant show a shred of proof!)

Jake

• they are posted and then reviewed in 24 hours. They all have between 40 to 50 pips of stop loss, with specific stops issued at the time of the order.
      As far as learning, yes, there are over 40+ hours of training in the membership area (and more to be added) that teaches you everything you need to know about trading news and fundamental releases.

25. Hi
    Just enquiring about your trade room. I am unable to trade during the day here in the UK (Working) and can only trade early morning or evenings so I miss alot of the news releases. I am concerned that I will not benefit from joining ? please advise
    Jon

• As you can see, the bulk of our trades in the traderoom are from the daily recommendations, which are issued around 3:30pm your time, therefore if you got 10 minutes a day to enter them in your platform, you are pretty much set. As far as trading the news, I am working on a new solution for that, but honestly 80% of the pips are made from the daily recommendations.

26. this blue background is very very eye straining make it more natural please

27. Many Thanks – it’s important to know I can get a response. I followed Henrys analysis and have just traded the USDCAD taking a modest low value 64 pip profit in the face of 200 odd pips but it was an exploratory trade lacking direction and conviction as I was unsure exactly how to interpret the data and would not have been in it at all except for your daily updates. I’m sure Henry and the collective experience of your team will go a long way towards fixing that so I’m joining up and look forward to the trading room chat (I do not expect every trade to yield a spectacular 200 pips or to be successful)
    My full name is Mike Hastie – my middle name is James. I was not sure if you were genuine and did not want to give my correct details until I was satisfied I could trust you with my credit card. I will fill in the join-up forms. Mike Hastie.

28. Is it possible for me to send an email and get a reply? – I have tried once but no response. I want contact details that work as if I join up and go broke (lets hope not) how can I contact Henry and cancel my direct debit?. I also want to know the exact charges and what I’m signing up for? I would appreciate a rely?

• We have a ticketing system that tracks every ticket and you’ll always get a reply.
      You can also ask your questions in the traderoom as it is chat enabled.
      However, for billing issues you need to talk to support, Henry does not handle it. But rest assured that if your request to stop your billing, your billing will stop. And you can also do this directly through Plimus.